S-Aggregate - fully automatic side head strapping machines
The pallets which have to be packed are transported to the strapping machine. Depending on the program preselection, the pallet will be strapped. The pallet is positioned and the machine executes the set program. After completion of the strapping cycle, the pallet is going to be discharged.
• The pallets are transported by the customer on an electrically driven roller conveyor in front of the strapping machine and, when it gets activated, it automatically gets taken over from the press conveyor.
• The strapping program and pressing force is controlled via signal exchange with the conveyor control system. The package is positioned according to the strapping program and the mechanically centered to the conveying direction.
• The electrically driven pressure plate now lowers automatically onto the package surface and compresses it with the preselected force.
• The electric driven strap guidance moves throught the palett base and is closing the strap guiding frame. The strap is inserted via the sealing unit from the strap unwinder trough the strap guiding frame until it is entering again the sealing unit.
• After strap tensioning and strap closure, the aggregate moves to the second strap guidance frame and the process which is described above starts again.
• With preselection of cross strapping, the electrically driven lifting and turning device lifts the pallet and rotates it for 90°. The program steps mentioned above are then repeated. At the end of the strapping cycle, the pallet is turned 90° back into the initial position.
• After signal release the finished strapped palette is removed from the strapping machine and transfered to the subsequent roller conveyor.
Sturdy and torsion-resistant 4 column design with in each column integrated
combi-roller guides for the pressure plate. Stationary servo gear motor drive in combination with four synchronized high-performance toothed belts for highly dynamic traverse speed of the pressure plate approx. 0,640 m/s. Compact design with the smallest installation space (height and width) and the largest possible cargo dimensions of its class. Antifall guard of the pressure plate in the connecting plates of the machine columns by monitored, mechanically moveable bolts in service position.
The weight-optimized pressing plate is equipped with four compensation spring units
of the high-performance toothed belt designed for maximum press capacity of 50 kN. Accurate and reproducible press capacity, respectively strapping height by servo drive. Strapping aggregates with 90° service position. Strapping positions/binding distances: 440 / 625 mm. A strapping aggregate can be moved via linear motor and additional linear guide.
The control of the straping machine consists of a S7-1512 SP. The data transmission of the individual sensors takes place via Profinet. Servo converter and frequency converter are used for motor control respectively for press capacity. User guidance is provided on a 7“ Colour-Touchpanel with different user levels for the supervisor, machine operator and service staff. Altogether 250 strapping programms can be saved.
Lifting and Turning device
The lifting and turning device is integrated in the machine frame with an arm intersection of 1300 mm,
designed for pallet weight up to 15 kN. The 70 mm lifting and the 90° rotation are utilized by a stationary spur gear motor guiding system. All end positions are electronically monitored, mechanically adjustable and limited. Due to the stationary drive no moveable cables are necessary, i.e. no risk of cable break.